Monday, December 10, 2012

If I Should Die Before My Dog by Joe and Cathy Connolly




A Dog Lovers lasting guide.......An beautifully illustrated interactive book that one fills in all of the information about their dogs life in the event they can no longer care for them to help ensure your pets are taken care of.

A thought provoking check list for dog lovers, who unfortunately and with much sadness can no longer take care of their dog. 

This book will assist those who want to prepare for their dogs future in an easy to use format that will guide them through the process of telling the "story" of their dogs life, for their pets "Next Guardian". 

None of us can predict the future, but in the event situations arise such as death, health impairment or left with no other choice but to give them up, this book will be there to assist your beloved pet with the transition from one home to another.



This has been one of my favorite assignments with MVM Book Reviews :) It really really is a book that is now close to my heart. It is also one of the hardest for me to write.

We (my fiance and I) have two Mal-shi dogs. One of my Mal-shi pups was hit by a car on February 29th, 2012. Before this event I had no clue that dogs and pets actually grieve. We were devastated of course but our little girl was beyond devastated. She stopped eating, would constantly whine and cry especially after she would look around for him and not find him, they had never been apart her whole life, he was 3 she was not even a year old. I could almost hear her pleas and screams as I was forced to watch this seemingly endless cycle. She lost her best friend, her partner in crime, her love. Now if we were to leave our pets unexpectedly I can not even imagine how they would handle it. I am lucky enough to have a mother who would take them in a heartbeat and knows everything there is to know about them and their quirks (we have since bought Lilly a friend -actually less than a week later and she perked up within a day. They are the best of friends now) but if my mom was not around I would need this book more than anything else in my possession. 

When there is a death people are not always prepared for the care of their pets and other people can easily over look a dog or cat especially if they do not have pets themselves. This book is perfect for making sure the furry friends you love most are taken care of if you should die before your pet. From the schedules to vets to groomers to treats and food, you need to leave directions for your babies. I plan on keeping this book in my fire-proof box with our wills and all of our other important documents. 

My favorite sections of the books are these:

1. Riding in the Car: My girls get car sick and we have to give them what we call "the juice" to keep them calm or they will get car sick everywhere (we found this out about 40 minutes into our first 9 hour car trip with them. Fun stuff right?!)

2. Grooming: My babies love their groomer Andrew at Little Critters. He understands them and knows exactly what we like them to look like. They are family there at Little Critters and if I wasn't around I would want them to still have their normalcy as much as possible. 

and finally

3. Nicknames: My babies have nicknames that they know. Their names are Lilly Pad and Olivia Grace but they answer to Lilly, Pad, Livie, Smushface, snotter, baby girl, and just simply girls. These are little touches that someone other than myself and my fiance may or may not know and they need that continuity. 

I implore you to go and get this book and fill it out so that your babies are not left without directions :)




"If I Should Die Before My Dog -" website        Facebook        Twitter

About the Authors
Author photo.jpg
Authors Joe and Cathy Connolly
Joe and Cathy Connolly have spent a lifetime owning, training and caring for dogs. Cathy grew up with a Collie breeder, dog groomer and dog handler while attending many different dog shows and eventually went on to work with other breeders as she grew older. They live in beautiful Northern Michigan with their 3 furry four legged children, one large dog, one small dog and the entire family is supervised by one bossy calico cat. 






   
amazon.co.uk           amazon.com

NOW FOR OUR SIGNED BOOK GIVEAWAY !!

5 LUCKY WINNERS!!

This special giveaway is brought to you by author's Joe and Cathy Connolly and Beck Valley Books
5 Lucky Winners will each receive a Signed Book from the authors.
Open US/CA, UK and Europe
Ending on Tuesday 18th December at 11.59pm EST


Enter Below and Good Luck !!

a Rafflecopter giveaway I received this book to review through Beck Valley Books, all the opinions above are 100% my own.


2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I am so glad you have your mom to take your dogs. I do know about the dog grieving and learned it 2 years ago. I have (had) mother/daughter dogs. Tidbit and Scratch were together for 8 years when Scratch died. We almost lost Momma Tidbit too. She didn't eat for days, then just a nibble and then days before another nibble. She lay by the front door, crying, waiting for her pup to return for over a month. She ended up losing 20 punds. It broke my heart. Finally one day she snapped out of it and has been fine since. It was sure tough going for a few months though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How tragic, that must have been heartbreaking. xx

    ReplyDelete

Share :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...