Tuesday, October 16, 2012

TV Tuesday: American Horror Story

Ok so I bit the bullet and finally got the first season of American Horror Story to watch so I would be caught up on the style of the show and not shocked when I started the new season tomorrow. Let me tell you I love it!!! I was seriously spooked when I started watching them last night but now after being on Episode 7 of Season 1 I am much more intrigued and not as much scared.

If you haven't seen it before I will let you know that the seasons are stand-alone. You DO NOT have to watch them in order unless you are a freak like I am :) You can just pick up at the beginning of the new season tomorrow night 10pm on FX and watch from there.

Synopsis of the Season 1:  (From IMDB) A family of three move from Boston to Los Angeles as a means of reconciling their past anguish. They move to a restored mansion, unaware that the home is haunted.

My Synopsis: CRAZY!!! The season begins with you meeting Vivian Harmon a wife and mother who came home from grocery shopping finds her husband cheating on her with one of his students and they move from Boston to Los Angelos (why I have no idea) and they move into a haunted mansion which is the home to 15+ ghosts all of which have died in the house and because of the house. It kind of reminds me of the Hotel California - You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave lol. The things that happen to this family makes my skin crawl! It's crazy nutty psychotic fun!

Every episode begins with a clip from the past in a different year (1978, 2010, 1902...) and shows how the other characters in the show have either died or explains their story a bit more.

I'm telling you GO GET THIS! Rent it! Get Netflix with DVD's and watch it!!! Borrow it from a friend just watch it. I literally could not stop myself from watching this show last night until Mr. Lovely came back down stairs at almost 2AM and asked me when I was coming to bed! It was that good I didn't even care about sleep (and I love my sleep)

So tell me, what do you think about the show if you have seen it? Are you watching the new season American Horror Story: Asylum tomorrow night??? If you do watch it tomorrow let me know what you thought of it in the comments below!!!




5 comments:

  1. I loved the first season. It was delightfully demented and twisted. Can't wait for tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to go home and watch it!! I am going to struggle though because I just started an AWESOME new book today so I am going to have to pick between the two or split my time lol

      Delete
  2. That show is seriously good! I only got to watch the first 4 or 5 but they were good. A little racy at times but I guess that's modern tv :) great story line and I loves how they show the former residents stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually shocked by the language and content in the show! I was watching it on my laptop DVD Player and Mr. Lovely was laying on the couch watching something about football I'm sure and they used a word that made his neck crack it whipped so hard lol

      Delete
  3. Sounds like something I would really enjoy watching!

    ReplyDelete

Share :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...