Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Television Tuesday! Grey's Anatomy Season Premier


Review of Grey’s Anatomy 9/27/12 Episode Season Premier

I appreciated how they are easing us back into the happenings of last season. They didn’t take us right back to the doctors trying to survive in the woods, but instead showed how things are now. The crash has made Meredith hard and tough – the interns call her Medusa.

Derek has been out of surgery for weeks because of the hand repair Callie had to do. Mark is laying in a hospital bed but not responding. They make it clear that his wishes were if after 30 days he were still unresponsive that they would let him go. Alex plans to leave for Johns-Hopkins. Cristina is in Minnesota, but her way of surgery isn’t matching up with their way. Bailey is still seeing Ben and it seems to be hot and heavy. She is so happy she’s gotten a new nickname from the interns. It used to be “Nazi” and now it’s BCB for Booty Call Bailey! Avery seems to have taken over in the Plastics area. The episode shows him talking things through with Mark just as he would have if he was standing there with him – about rips your heart out!

The episode takes us through old videos that Mark had recorded – at Callie and Arizona’s wedding, him holding Sofia, him talking about being old and that Lexie was the love of his life. You know it’s leading up to Mark not making it (especially if you caught wind that Shonda Rhimes and Eric Dane had decided his contract wouldn’t be renewed).

Cristina was supposed to fly back to Seattle, but she has a hard time getting back on an airplane; in fact, she can’t get on the airplane at all! Meredith had decided she would go to see her, she was on the plane and they were about to take off when she had to demand they let her get off of the plane! We see Cristina in this episode because she does a form of video chat with Meredith.

All throughout the episode I was thinking that Arizona didn’t make it. I was feeling so horrible for Callie that she had lost her wife and now she was losing her best friend and the father of Sofia. The very last minute they show Callie at home and she opens a door and talks to Arizona! It was definitely a surprise for me! They didn’t get into it enough for us to know exactly what had happened, but Arizona moves the sheets and reveals that her legs have been cut off – and she throws out a comment that it was Callie who had removed them!

The preview for next week looks like it might take us back to the crash site in the woods – or directly after they are found and when they arrive at the hospital. I’m really anxious and excited to see how it all played out. I’ll say this again, I loved that they didn’t just throw us back to the crash site. I feel the way Shonda Rhimes has done this was much better for the viewer on the first episode. Let us get adjusted back to Grey’s, back to the characters, let us know who is alive and who isn’t… and then next week we’ll find out how it all happened.



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this show!! I had never watched it in the past, but watched all 8 seasons on XFinity Streampix and couldn't wait to see the first episode of season nine! I too had thought that Arizona died, but was SHOCKED when they revealed what had happened to her! Scream! I can't tell you how many times I've cried watching Grey's Anatomy. It was so nice watching without commercials with streampix, but now it's back to commercial time. Will definitely be watching again Thursday night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have dvr so I'm able to watch without commercials if I just start watching a little past start time. No trouble with that since I have a toddler! Glad you love the show as much as I do. Thanks for your support of Read Rate & Review!

      Delete
    2. I have dvr so I'm able to watch without commercials if I just start watching a little past start time. No trouble with that since I have a toddler! Glad you love the show as much as I do. Thanks for your support of Read Rate & Review!

      Delete

Share :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...