Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 10: Forget Me Not?


Today's 31 Day post hit me yesterday when I was doing my normal daily reading on my lunch break. Every day I leave work for my lunch break, drive to where ever I am getting lunch from, drive back towards work and sit in a grocery store's parking lot that I can see my office's parking lot from and read my book. This is my ME time. A time where I can read without anyone talking to me or asking me questions or expecting me to pay attention to them. For this one hour I am able to eat my lunch in piece and read my Kindle with no judgment. 

Well yesterday I got some judgment from myself. I began to read Reflections in You by Sylvia Day and after about 10 clicks through my Kindle I had to stop. I didn't remember what had happened towards the end of Bared to You to understand what was happening in Reflections. I was really angry at myself for reading things so fast and reading so much that I can't remember a book I literally read 3 months ago. In my defense in the past 3 months I have probably read close to 60 books by different authors, parts of different series, and I just can't keep some of them straight which is why I have a hard time at times writing a review for a book that I have read but haven't recently read. I have started to write them as I go or write them as soon as I am done with the book. (or I will once I get through this one lol) 

After about 3-5 minutes of self-judging I decided to just bite the bullet and re-read Bared to You and get it over with. Am I mad? Hell no! I loved this book the first time so this is just as awesome to read it a second time so I can remember and catch things that I may have missed in the first read. Sometimes a reader tends to fly through a book and you get so wrapped up in the story and the characters that you have no clue what happened to you once you are done with it!

I think that was exactly what happened to me with this one! 

Ever have that happen to you??? Let me know which book has totally carried you away!!! 

Start from the beginning HERE

Check out the other 31 Day'ers Posts HERE




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...