Thursday, October 18, 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW!!! Veronika Carnaby author of Bohemia



From the author who brought you "Bohemia", Veronika Carnaby answers Jamie of Read, Rate & Review's questions!
*Where are you from? I’m originally from New Hampshire, USA, but I’ve traveled so much for so long that I feel more a citizen of the world than any one confined geographic location.


*What inspired you to write this book? Take a handful of personal experiences and combine them with an admiration for the '50s, the '60s, and the Beat Generation, and there you have Bohemia in a nut shell. I think that, to some degree, the situations that one goes through during their life shape their creative work and that couldn't be truer for myself.


*How did you come up with the title? For me, a title comes together the moment the storyline does. It simply clicks. I can visualize the work as a whole and I choose a word or phrase that best describes it. Such was the case for Bohemia. I’m not sure exactly where it comes from, but when it does, it’s a beautiful thing. It’s just so evocative. Just by the title, you can gather a lot about the author, the story.


*Is the book based on someone you know, or events in your own life? Very much so. Valerie Freed just so happens to relate with much of what I’ve gone through as a budding writer and the period prior to that. And many of the characters and situations have been slightly based on those around me.


*If you had it to do all over again, would you change anything about the book? Not a thing. It’s all part of the learning curve. Any mistakes I made now will not be repeated the next time around, but there will always be imperfections. 

We want to thank Ms. Carnaby for taking the time to answer our questions! Please check out my review for Bohemia HERE and pick up your own copy at amazon.com with this link below.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...