Wednesday, August 29, 2012

You’re Invited… to Read a Book!


Who:    You and your book, Kindle, Nook, etc

What:   Reading and relaxation

Where: Your place of choice

When:   Whenever you can squeeze in the time

Prior to the summer of 2010, I would read all the time, whenever I had any spare moments, and sometimes even when I didn’t.  I would put other things on hold just to get in the next chapter or to finish the book.  After the summer of 2010, I try to get in the time while my son is napping, while he’s watching Mickey Mouse, or after he’s gone to sleep for the night.  It sometimes means that I’m up late to read, but if the book is worth it, it doesn’t matter how tired I’ll be the next day!

Where do you prefer to curl up with your book?  Is it the same place every time or do you mix it up?  I personally usually end up on the couch or in the recliner.  With the Kindle I have to be somewhere that has good lighting, but to where it doesn’t make a glare on the screen.  If the book is really fantastic, like when I was reading The Hunger Games series and the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy, I would bring my Kindle to work so I could read over lunch, just to use every spare minute!

During our photo shoot I noticed Destiny was holding her Kindle, with the help of the cover, like she would if she were reading a regular book.  I fold the front cover of my Kindle behind it so it’s just a single layer.  Ashley didn’t have a cover on hers at all.  If you have a Kindle or a Nook, do you prefer a cover?  How do you hold it?

It’s amazing all the different ways you can read a book (or a Kindle or a Nook), all the different ways you can hold a book (or a Kindle or a Nook) – yet you’re reading the same words.  Books take us to a different place and time.  Books bring us together!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...