Wednesday, August 8, 2012

We Were Nominated for a Liebster Award!!!



You read it! We, READ, RATE & REVIEW, was nominated for a Liebster Award!!!! We are so excited to be recognized after so little time after our inception and couldn't be happier!


I feel awful that this took so long to post but right after we received the nomination my stupid laptop's hard drive when to hardware heaven and I have been fighting with computer people and local repairs places ever since. Today my hard drive came in so I am going to make sure that I get caught up!!! Do you know how much reading one can get done when their computer is broken?!?!?! A LOT!!!! Expect a lot of reviews comin your way :)


So anyways.........After doing a lot of reading around the interwebs, I found very little about the award but I will take it nonetheless lol!!! 



SEE OUR NOMINATION HERE! --> Thank You The Young Book Collector!!



What is The Liebster Blog Award? 
The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have 200 followers or less.

Here are the Rules:
1.) The person who's nominated must post eleven facts about themselves.
2.) Answer the eleven questions the tagger (the nominator) has given you.
3.) Choose eleven people and link them on your blog post.
4.) .Create eleven questions for the people you tagged (nominated).
5.) Tell them you've tagged them on their blog.
6.) No tag backs!

Now for our answers!!!

Ashley's 11 Fun Facts and Questions Answered :)
  1. I love to read! Not like a normal person would. No, I HAVE to read. It's a part of me. I get pissy and irritated when I don't. :)
  2. My job is one of the most demanding jobs I have ever had but I love EVERYDAY of it!
  3. I have two Maltese-Shih Tzu puppies. One is Lilly Pad and the other is Olivia Grace. I name them with middle names because to me they are my children and all children should have middle names.
  4. I was diagnosed with PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome) at the age of 13. At 20 I had a hysterectomy due to endometriosis. I am still not sure how I feel about all of that. 
  5. I met Destiny online at a Brides message forum and neither of us were wedding planning brides at the time. She introduced me to Jamie :) 
  6. I have a horrible obsession with my Kindle. It may have been the best present my Lovely has ever gotten me. ~ Thanks baby!
  7. I am ridiculously irrationally afraid of snakes and lizards and most other animals in that family. I will seriously pass out when confronted with one.
  8. I have am the second tallest person in my family at a whopping 5'1.75".
  9. I will finally get to meet my fellow bloggers this month when I fly all the way over to Kansas! :)
  10. I live about 30 minutes outside of Pittsburgh and although this is Steeler Country, I am a huge Oakland Raiders Fan! 

Ashley Answers the Eleven Questions :)
  1. What's your favorite literacy genre and why do you like it? I absolutely love a good crime/legal/murder/thriller/....ok we could seriously be here all day but in all honestly I love a great story that keeps me wanting more! I love trying to figure out who the killer is or who is behind the "evil plot". Give me a great story to keep me on my toes and guessing and I am yours forever ;)
  2. What annoys you the most when your reading a story? When the thing doesn't end! When it ends too soon and I don't mean that I loved the book so much that I don't want it to be over, more like I read the book it had me hoppin and guessin the whole way through and then BOOM it's over everything is summed up a bit too quickly and over way before I was ready for it to be.
  3. Explain, what is the number one book, you would read all over again? That would probably have to be most of the Stephanie Plum books in Janet Evanovich's series. I love the characters and after 18 (soon to be 19) books you tend to forget a bit about the beginning of the relationships with these amazing character dynamics.
  4. Who's your favorite author (or poet) of all time, and why do you think others should read their work? I would have to give you options myself. James Patterson for thrillers, Nora Robert's Trilogy books are AMAZING romance novels but they always have a crazy awesome paranormal/mythological element to them that makes them loads of fun and a great set of books to relax on a beach with, and Janet Evanovich's books for romantic comedy. Every book of hers that I have read (all but the early romance books) has been fun, laugh out loud funny, and addictive. You will want to read more about her characters! 
  5. If you could be any character from one of your favorite books who would it be? Why? I feel like you are all going to think this is a big Janet Evanovich love fest (which it may be lol) but I would love to be Stephanie Plum for a week. I would love to hang out with Grandma Mazur, drive Big Old Blue, eat some chicken with Lula, and have some hot hot hot times with Ranger and Morrelli :) 
  6. What attracts you to reading a book? Is it the cover or merrily because the plot sounded interesting itself? The cover can do it a lot of the times. Lately I have been getting A LOT of Pixel-of-Ink books and I have been grabbing them for their covers even before I read the excerpt or summary provided. The next thing and biggest reason for getting a book is the summary on the back or on the book cover. If this grabs me I will buy the book in a heartbeat!
  7. What made you start blogging in the first place? Destiny and I chat daily about our books and what we think of them. I am constantly recommending books to other readers anytime I am around them. After just randomly talking to Destiny one day I decided to go and buy our domain and create our blog and the rest is history :) BEST DECISION EVER!
  8. What book, author, or poet do you find influential? At this point the most influential writer would have to be E.L James. That woman brought all of the ladies out of their sexual shells and made it acceptable to want  pleasure even if it was not "normal" :) Not saying I am running around with a silver tie in my purse waiting for my Lovely to tie me up but after seeing how many people LOVED those books *regardless of their thoughts on the writing style* I know if I want to I'm not alone ;) Thanks E.L.!!!
  9. What book are you looking forward to reading next year? My massive To Be Read list! It is OUT OF CONTROL RIGHT NOW!!! I am horrible with Pixel-of-Ink's free books *have found so many great ones there* and I am bad about buying books because I hear about how awesome they are and then they sit on my kindle for ever until I get to them :) That's why I have about 700 books on there now just awaiting me to find time to read them.
  10. If you could publish a book what would it be about, and what would you want the reader to get from it? I would love to publish a book about reading and reviewing. Trying new things, picking up a new author that you may not have thought you would like. You never know what you will like until you try it :)
  11. What if your published book was to be turned into a movie? Would you go for it? Even though the settings within your story might drastically changed on scene? Ummm of course! No matter what it's still my concept and my idea...someone else just may be able to translate it better to the big screen than me :)


Destiny's 11 Fun Facts and Questions Answered :)
  1. I turn 26 this month and that's what I used to consider old... AHH
  2. I hate birds. They like to poop on me and I'm not kidding. You'd think they'd spare me since I don't eat chicken or turkey... But no...
  3. I am oddly good at useless trivia... And Mad Gab
  4. I will forever spread the knowledge of colon cancer and how it can happen at any age. Yeah I talk about butts and it doesn't bother me. 
  5. I will ALSO forever spread the knowledge of infertility and how MANY people suffer from it. 
  6. I read every single day... Even when it's just reading a few of my favorite blogs.
  7. I'm a sucker for gymnastics at the Olympics. 
  8. Ice cream is my weakness. 
  9. I'm from Kansas but I hate Dorothy and ToTo jokes...
  10. I'm a pit bull advocate, and always will be. Yes, I will bring an infant home someday and will NOT be getting rid of my pits because of it. 
  11. I could listen to Christmas music all year round...
Destiny Answers the Eleven Questions
  1. What's your favorite literacy genre and why do you like it? I can't have a favorite because I am literally all over the place with books just like I am with music... But I LOVE romance, whether it be in a mystery novel or a scifi or just straight romance...
  2. What annoys you the most when your reading a story? 
    Being CONSTANTLY interrupted... 
  3. Explain, what is the number one book, you would read all over again? My all time favorite book a book I first read in 6th grade. The Witch of Blackbird Pond. I am an adult now and have read it twice again in the past year. It's just that good.
  4. Who's your favorite author (or poet) of all time, and why do you think others should read their work? I may be a bit morbid, but I LOVE Edgar Allan Poe. I was forced to read his work in English when I was younger and thought I would hate it all, but the writing is amazing and you can SEE what he's talking about. It's remarkable.
  5. If you could be any character from one of your favorite books who would it be? Why? Ahhh, this is so hard! I have a serious love for Lucy Kincaid (by Allison Brennan). I wouldn't want to go through all she's been through (she's had it rough) but her strength and intelligence is inspiring.
  6. What attracts you to reading a book? Is it the cover or merrily because the plot sounded interesting itself? The first thing I look at is the cover, but if the plot doesn't sound that it'll suck me in, then it's not one I will spend my time/money on.
  7. What made you start blogging in the first place? I started blogging on RRR when Ashley and I decided we'd FINALLY come up with a blog idea that could last. It wouldn't be too personal, and it dealt with our love of books. 
  8. What book, author, or poet do you find influential? I've got to say authors like Stephenie Meyer are hugely influntial. Love her books or hate them, you've likely read them or watched the movies. Or you know someone who has (who loves them, or hates them). To have a part (even a small one) in the lives of SO many is really amazing if you think about it!
  9. What book are you looking forward to reading next year? The last Sookie book comes out next year, and although it deeply saddens me that the series is coming to an end, I can't wait to read it!
  10. If you could publish a book what would it be about, and what would you want the reader to get from it? It would have to be a book about our story (colon cancer, infertility). I would want the readers to see that sometimes, the good times come after the bad in a marriage. Things aren't always happy rainbows and all that. But if  you can get through REAL problems, then you can get through anything.
  11. Now, what if your published book was to be turned into a movie? Would you go for it? Even though the settings within your story might drastically changed on scene? I would go for it, for sure. It would reach so many more people that way. And hopefully inspire people to read the book the movie was based on! Then they could get the "real" story, since movies differ so much from the books they're based on.
Jamie's 11 Fun Facts & Questions Answered :)
  1. Mother to a sweet baby boy
  2. Married to an amazing man
  3. I love reality shows – Bachelor/Bachelorette, Big Brother, and anything Kardashians
  4. I have blue eyes
  5. I am addicted to Sweet Tea
  6. When at the store, I buy the second item on the shelf, never the first
  7. I sing really loud in the car – Lady Gaga and Celine Dion
  8. I type so fast, the keyboard starts smoking – and I use an ergonomic keyboard to help prevent carpal tunnel!
  9. I can play the piano – I took lessons many many years ago
  10. My favorite flowers are daisies – they were my wedding flower
  11. I love to read!
Jamie Answers the Eleven Questions
  1. What's your favorite literacy genre and why do you like it? I love to read murder mystery, but I’m also a sucker for romance!
  2. What annoys you the most when your reading a story? When the author uses a bunch of fancy descriptive words when one or two would have been fine and made more sense to the average reader.
  3. Explain, what is the number one book, you would read all over again? There’s no way I could choose just one book.  I’m a big fan of the authors I choose to read and love their work.
  4. Who's your favorite author (or poet) of all time, and why do you think others should read their work? James Patterson and Nicholas Sparks.  Everything they put out is amazing.
  5. If you could be any character from one of your favorite books who would it be? Why? Doesn’t every woman want to be Anastasia Steele, at least a little bit?! ;)
  6. What attracts you to reading a book? Is it the cover or merrily because the plot sounded interesting itself? Mostly it’s the author.  I know that if I pick up a Nicholas Sparks book that it’s going to be good and I’m going to love it.
  7. What made you start blogging in the first place? Read, Rate & Review was originally started by Ashley and Destiny.  I had done a couple of Guest Reviews, they liked my work, and decided to ask me to join them.  So exciting!
  8. What book, author, or poet do you find influential? Twilight, The Hunger Games, and Fifty Shades of Grey have all become crazes.  They made not be the standard literary classics, but they sure have influenced and impacted our culture.
  9. What book are you looking forward to reading next year? Anything that my favorite authors release.
  10. If you could publish a book what would it be about, and what would you want the reader to get from it? I would love to publish a book about being a Mommy, my most precious work of art!
  11. Now, what if your published book was to be turned into a movie? Would you go for it? Even though the settings within your story might drastically changed on scene? I doubt that anyone would want to see a movie about being a Mommy, ha!  That’s been done before!



OK now that thats over with lol I know it was a long one but there are three of us and we wanted you to get to know all of us individually!!! Hope you enjoyed our answers :)

Now here are our nominations! We are going to go a little off book so to speak and nominate bloggers of all sorts...Not just all book bloggers so here we go!!!


Nominations

  1. Kelley Lynn of RIP The Life I Knew This is a friend of ours' blog detailing the things that have happened to her in the last year. She lost her husband suddenly on July 13, 2011 and has dealt with it in the most amazingly strong and fantastic way ever. Please check it out!
  2. Maureen of Save and Share with Coupons This is an amazing site for anyone looking for a great bargain and some great information that everyone should have access to!
  3. Destiny of Love, Marriage, Cancer.....Babies? Yes this is our very own Destiny but I (Ashley) really think you all should go check it out! It is a heartwarming and crazy story! 
  4. Kerry of I'm a Book Addict....and Proud of It This is a new favorite of mine! I have really been enjoying reading it!
  5. Amy of Book Addict's Serenity So cute and a great new blog!!! 
  6. Codee of Readable Eatables Some of my favorite new recipes have come from this site!!!! It's definitely a great one to bookmark!
  7. Kerrie of Family, Food and Travel Another great new blog I stumbled upon on SITS Girls :) 
  8. The Reader Girls of You Guessed It The Reader Girls :) - This is an amazing concept. Two girls and their mom review books and they are so fun. You can find all kinds of different books being reviewed since there is an obvious age difference :) Definitely a great place to check out!
  9. Soma of Insomnia of Books A great friend of ours that we met through Book Blogs! She's a reviewer and an author!
  10. Glynis of New Book Blogger - Such a great blog that promotes new authors self published or not!
  11. Ferly of Gifts We Use Great site with tons of Blogging and Organizational tips! She also is really big on gifting her readers with free printables some of which (Blog Planner) we use here at Read, Rate and Review!!! It's been my go to lately :)
So there you have it! Our Nominations for a Liebster Award! 

Now for the questions for them! They are going to be easy ones but ones that I hope will allow me and the rest of the nominees a chance to let you know the real person behind the blogs!

  1. What is your favorite blog to visit? Tell us why and post a link please :)
  2. Do you read? If so what is your favorite book? If not is there a reason?
  3. What is your favorite sitcom? Movie? TV Channel?
  4. What is your Pet Peeve?
  5. Why did you start blogging?
  6. If you could pick someone to play you in a movie about your life, who would you pick?
  7. Is there any food that you can not resist?
  8. What is your favorite thing to wear? You can post a picture if you want to.
  9. What is your favorite sport? Which team?
  10. Do you have any tips or tricks you have learned since you started your blog? Share any links if you can!
  11. And finally, Why should people visit your blog?


Well there you have it! Our first award! I know it was long but I hope you enjoyed every minute of reading it because we enjoyed every minute of the process of posting it!!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Share :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...