Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Enlightenment for Nitwits By Shepherd Hoodwin

Enlightenment

EnlightenmentEnlightenment for Nitwits was a great book! Fun, easy, hilarious, uplifting, sarcastic and quick witted! Exactly what I feel that I am ;) I read the book on lunch, at my desk (when I could), in the car, grocery store, just about anywhere you could possibly think of! It actually reminded me a lot of Ellen DeGeneres'  book the way it was a lot of quick statements and one liners. I love the way it took me in one direction and then turned me around right away. I loved that while there were jokes in the book the joke was sometimes on me and I honestly laughed out loud multiple times throughout the same.

I do warn you that this book is not one for the feint of heart. If you have very strict thoughts and ideas about things like religion, sexuality and politics this may not be the book for you but if you have an open mind or are ok with being the butt of someone's joke go ahead and pick this one up! I assure you that the hilarity of this book will definitely make reading about some uncomfortable topics much easier.

I will leave you now with one of my favorite "words of wisdom" from the book

"When your life goes down the drain, may the pipes be clogged."

I don't know why I loved this so much but there it is, a great quote that made me laugh and giggle while people looked at me wondering what loony bin I escaped from :)

Get the printed version HERE 

Get it for your Kindle HERE

Get it for your Nook HERE

About the Author:

EnlightenmentSHEPHERD HOODWIN is the author of popular books such as Loving from Your Soul: Creating Powerful Relationships and Meditations for Self-Discovery: Guided Journeys for Exploring Your Inner Self. He has been channeling since 1986. He also does intuitive readings, mediumship, past-life regression, healing, counseling, and channeling coaching (teaching others to channel). He has conducted workshops on the Michael teachings throughout the United States.


    His upcoming books include Opening to Healing, Growing Through Joy, and Being in the World. He is also working on a follow-up to his opus, Journey of Your Soul: A Channel Explores the Michael Teachings, and a collection of spiritual and personal growth writings, tentatively entitled Divine Innervention: How God Stops the Bad Guys Without Ruining Her Hair.

You can read sample chapters and learn more about his work at http://www.summerjoy.com/.

Shepherd is a graduate of the University of Oregon in Music. He lives in Laguna Niguel, California, with his significant other, Leroy, who happens to be a plant.

ENLIGHTENMENT FOR NITWITS OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Like it on Facebook HERE
Follow it on Twitter HERE

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to check this book out... I love books that make me laugh and think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come back and let me know what you thought! :)

      Delete

Share :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...