Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Toe The Line By Dick Hannah & News!!!!


I can not tell you how excited I am to do this review! Mr. Hannah approached me about 3 weeks ago offering up his book for a review and I was extremely worried. Things like "What if I don't like the book?" "What if he doesn't like our review?" were FLYING through my head like I was a crazy person!

On top of all of that Mr. Hannah agreed to do an AUTHOR'S INTERVIEW!!!!! The interview will be up NEXT WEEK on Wednesday, July 18, 2012! So make sure you come back and check out the awesome answers Mr. Hannah gave me to my questions!!!!

Now For The Review!!! Toe the Line


Ok I was seriously stressed about this review and I danced around opening it on my kindle still worried about how it would end up and if I would be disappointed or if I would disappoint someone that took so much time and put in so much effort. When I finally opened the book, all of my doubt about this book flew right out of my head and through the window the second I started reading this book. I can still picture sitting on my couch with my unsweetened Tea and my trusty Kindle (two things I am NEVER without) turning on my Kindle and reading these first lines:

"Go to hell, Wheeler." As last words go they were hardly what one would call poignant. Had I known that was the last time I would see Wheeler alive, I would have said something more meaningful.

Reading that grabbed me right away! I don't know if it is because I have a huge fear of saying the wrong thing to someone and it being the last thing  they ever hear from me but wow was I hooked. As I continued on with the book I started to freak out. There were so many things going on that I seriously stopped reading and checked the percentage completed thinking that I was more than half way through the book. Imagine my shock and delight when I saw that I was only 5% through the book. Now I know what you are thinking "oh no, this book is starting out fast and is going to stall quick", but I assure you that that was about as far from the truth as you can get. It seized my attention and didn't let go until I was out of breath and reading the final pages.

Now a little about the story :) (I probably could have told you this in the beginning, right?)

The main character, Wynter Johnston, *the name just sounds hot doesnt it ;)* is a triathlon participant and expert in all gear and equipment needed. He owns a specialized store and is in the process of opening two more as soon as he returns home from a last minute race. Unfortunately for Wynn getting home is going to be a lot harder than he thought. As he leaves his friend and business partner with those last words to go and get a drink, Wheeler is stabbed repeatedly right out in the open. The police waste no time making the assumption that Wynn was either the assailant or a co-conspirator and quickly give him the normal advice to "not leave town". 


In walks Harvey and Madison. When Wynn figures out that he will probably need an attorney, he calls his old friend Harvey who also just happens to be the father of his ex-fiance Madison. He and Madison's relationship ended pretty bad and the developing tension between the two just keeps you on edge until it comes to a head. 

If I tell you much more then you will have Spoiler Alerts GALORE to fight through so just take it from me and GO GET THIS BOOK NOW!!!! You will not be disappointed!!!


GET IT FOR YOUR KINDLE HERE

GET IT FOR YOUR NOOK HERE


Stop on by Dick Hannah's Official Website and show the man some love because he has a gift that he needs to keep on giving!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...