Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens

From Amazon:
Ashlyn: A lonely society princess living in New York City. Daddy hired you to be my bodyguard. Colin: Childhood enemy, now her protector. Daddy thought I d be safe. He thought I d never fall in love. He thought he could keep me forever. Charles: obsessed with keeping her safe, keeping her his, he hires the one person he knows she could never fall in love with: Colin. Daddy was wrong. A kidnapping leaves a father fanatical about his only child's safety. A story of obsessive love and the quest for independence.
In Overprotected, you get a look into the life of a girl who lives a life of constant protection and sheltering. Ashlyn was kidnapped at a young age, and from the moment she was safely returned to her parents, everything changed. From then on, Ashlyn was constantly protected... perhaps overly so? Decide for yourself!
I give this book 3 1/2 stars.

Overall this book was great and was one I looked forward to picking back up any time I had to put it down. However, it started out extremely slow and I felt like the second half of the book was leaps and bounds better than the first. There was more excitment. More action. More feelings and depth.
The characters will hold a special place in your heart (okay, not ALL of them...), and you feel all the emotions that Ashlyn goes through. There were a few parts that were quite predictable (at least for me), and the ending left a bit to be desired. But all in all, this is a book I would recommend if you're looking for a quick love story with a bit of action thrown in.

Pixel-of-Ink's AMAZING Website - Best place for FREE or Bargain books!

GET IT FOR YOUR KINDLE HERE

GET IT FOR YOUR NOOK HERE

JENNIFER LAUREN'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the share! Im stopping in from SITS and I am your newest follower! This review really grabbed my attention and I think I need to add it to my reading list! I hope that you can follow me too! Have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!!!! I'm so glad you stopped over!!!!! Of course I will follow you too!!! Happy 4th to you and yours!

      Delete
  2. This book looks amazing! These are the kinds of books I enjoy reading! I love romance and teen novels like this! (probably cause I'm still kinda of a teen myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy, I'm with you. I still FEEL like a teen sometimes, so I totally got how the main character felt in this book!
    By the end you'll hope for a sequel!

    ReplyDelete

Share :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...