Monday, July 9, 2012

NY Times 7-15-12 Review - Better Late than Never :)

New York Times Best Seller List for 7-15-12 here


Ok I am not even going to spend too much time on the Fifty Shades Trilogy other than WOW!!! This may be close to the record for books to hold the number 1-3 spot for the most consecutive weeks in a row. I am amazed! I bet they will be there until a year after the movie comes out (if the movie comes out)

Next up are my next two books on my list of Books To Be Read: Gone Girl & Bared to You. I had yet another friend come up to me after they read Bared to You over their vacation saying how good it was so I need to get a move on these books!

The next one I am adding to my TBR list is #9 Coming Home by Karen Kingsbury. I'm not sure if this book is going to be my cup of tea but the short blurb that is listed grabbed my attention. "The Baxters plan a lakeside reunion, but before the big day, the unthinkable happens, leading to a revelation of secrets." Hmmmm....Secrets? Family? Unthinkable? Don't mind if I do :) Sounds like something is going on and I just have to know what that something is!

#10 on the list is Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost, and actually a review is coming to you very soon from my partner, Destiny. Destiny read this book and well.....I will let her tell you all about it but I have a feeling that when I get to read it I will not be disappointed.

#12 is getting an honorable mention. Janet Evanovich's Wicked Business. This is her newest Diesel book and while I LOVE almost ALL of Janet's books I never could get into the Diesel books. Diesel, if you don't know, was a character that was introduced in her "Between the Numbers" books that were shorter little stories that involved Janet's most famous character, Stephanie Plum. I definitely want to eventually read those books but they are pretty far down on my list. My mother reads them and actually loves them so I guess this is going to be a book that is just one of those books that not everyone gets into. Who knows, I may change my mind soon enough.

#14 is that Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter and I am still awaiting someone's opinion on this one. I don't know if I am going to be adding it so please someone tell me if they have read it and what they thought! Hell send me an email and do a review of it if you want.

#15 is one that I think I will really enjoy it's called The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst and I think that it will be interesting. I mean it says a millionaire needs a wife and asks a bookstore owner to enter into an agreement for a one-year marriage. I have a feeling that this will end up a favorite of mine just because anytime there is a billionaire who thinks he can buy his way into something they always learn that it's not that easy and that sometimes you have to work for it and that it's never about money when it comes to love.

So there's my weekly round-up for the NY Times Best Seller list and I hope you will give some of them a chance!!!

Here's to hoping that 50 Shades of Grey moves down the list a bit too to let some of the other books get a fair chance at the number 1 spot!


Until next week I will keep on turning the page to bring you more reviews!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...