Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series Book #1) By J.R. Ward


-       In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Yet none of them relishes killing more than Wrath, the leader of The Black Dagger Brotherhood.   The only purebred vampire left on earth, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But, when one of his most trusted fighters is killed-leaving his half-breed daughter unaware of his existence or her fate-Wrath must usher her into the world of the undead-a world of sensuality beyond her wildest dreams.



This story starts out with vampire, Darius, going to Wrath, the blind vampire king, to ask for protection for his daughter who is half human and half vampire and about to go through the “change” to become a vampire.  In comes our leading lady and heroine Beth. Beth is a journalist with a life that leaves a lot to desire recently. She is ready for a change but is not sure what that change might be. Little did she know that there was a big transformation on the horizon. In true romance fashion in walks the “man of her dreams” or is he? After a hot and steamy first encounter with the vampire king, Wrath, Beth’s life will never be the same.

Like that wasn’t enough to keep you going there is a second storyline that will intertwine with the first. Lessors (soul-free vampire hunters) are on the upward move to take out the vampire race. Led by the eerily creepy Mr. X, the lessors are setting traps left and right in order to kill more vampires. When Mr. X’s evil plan threatens Beth, the vampire king and his warriors know they have to do something.

Will they be able to save Beth and their entire race before time runs out? Turn the Page and find out ;)

After reading this book I have to tell you I was pleasantly surprised. I only read this because my comrade and book worm second half Destiny told me that they were really good books and I went in blind. I didn’t read the reviews. Hell I didn’t even read the synopsis. I wanted to just read the book and make my own mind up. I am a huge fan of the Twilight Series so I was worried when Destiny told me they were really nothing like those. There is a good amount of sexual content but it wasn’t, in my opinion, offensive or crude. It was honestly exactly how I thought vampire sex would and should be, if that makes any sense.

I implore you to at least give this series a try. It may surprise you. I know it definitely surprised me.

I give this book 4 stars. Honestly had it not jumped from storyline to storyline (like it had to to cover all of the dynamics of the story) I would have given it five stars or at least 4.5 stars.

I guess you will just have to Turn The Page and find out for yourself. Let me know what you think!!!


Nook Version

JR Ward's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...