Thursday, June 14, 2012

Belly Laughs by JennyMcCarthy

From Amazon.com

Oh, the joys of pregnancy! There's the gassiness, constipation, queasiness, and exhaustion, the forgetfulness, crankiness, and the constant worry. Of course, no woman is spared the discomforts and humiliations of pregnancy, but most are too polite to complain or too embarrassed to talk about them. Not Jenny McCarthy! In the New York Times best-selling Belly Laughs, actress and new mother Jenny McCarthy reveals the naked truth about the tremendous joys, the excruciating pains, and the unseemly disfigurement that go along with pregnancy. Never shy, frequently crude, and always laugh-out-loud funny, McCarthy covers it all in the grittiest of girlfriend detail. From morning sickness and hormonal rage, to hemorrhoids, pregnant sex, and the torture and sweet relief that is delivery, Belly Laughs is must-read comic relief for anyone who is pregnant, who has ever been pregnant, is trying to get pregnant, or, indeed, has ever been born!



Are you pregnant? Trying to get pregnant? Curious about pregnancy? Just want a quick, witty read? Then Belly Laughs is a book for you!!

In Belly Laughs, McCarthy tells all about her pregnancy journey, from getting that positive test all the way through childbirth. In true Jenny fashion, she's extremely open and blunt about it all. The good, the bad and the ugly! She holds nothing back. If she was ever embarrassed, you'll read about it. The day she almost peed her pants? Oh, you'll read about it! When she reached the point where all she wanted to wear was a muumuu, oh yes, that too! She's descriptive in a way that (probably) won't gross you out. And she will keep you laughing from beginning to end.
Cravings, gas, moodiness and basically every other pregnancy "symptom" is talked about in this book, but in a funny and REALISTIC way. It's a quick, not so serious version of What To Expect.

If you've ever been pregnant and realized that it's not all blissful glowing and beautiful baby belly, you'll relate with McCarthy. I felt like I was there with her through it all, and I've  certainly never been in her position before!
McCarthy draws you in from the first page and keeps you reading until you finish the book! Which, you'll probably finish quick. Like I said, it's a short read. This is a book I first read years ago and have read many times ever since. It's a book I've gifted some of my expecting friends, and every time I've been sure to say "I've got this book for  you... But I've got to read it first, so you'll get it tomorrow." Yep, I admit it, I have to read it every time I see it! That's how much I like it!
Some pregnancy books can be very depressing to those of us that are infertile, and I was hesitant about reading it again after our diagnosis. However, this book is absolutely hilarious and really made me think twice about WANTING to be pregnant! Okay, really, I would gladly take all of those symptoms if it meant I could have a baby. But still, I would say this book is a good dose of reality for those that think pregnancy is a piece of cake.

I give this book four stars. I would've given five if it had just been longer! I felt like it ended before I'd had enough.


Buy it for your Nook!!!

Buy it for your Kindle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...